Sadly, my family and I have had quite a bit of loss in our lives recently, so I had need of quite a few sympathy cards. I had seen a card on Splitcoast that I thought was lovely, so my card was inspired by this one by LovinTX. I changed the orientation of the card to portrait, added some c/s layers, ribbon and a square spiral clip. I used a large square shape stamp where I think she may have masked the "shape area" on her card. I sponged ink onto the square stamp because I wanted the coverage to be light in the middle and a bit darker around the edges. Then I masked around the outside of the shape and stamped the background trees; I stamped off once before stamping the cardstock (remove masking post-its before stamping main image). For the full image of tree, I first colored it with my Always Artichoke marker, then colored the base of the tree and the trunk up through the tree with my Chocolate Chip marker. Then I "huffed" and stamped over part of the background image. I really hope I don't have to make any more of these for a long time!

Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, The Shape of Things (retired)
Inks: Always Artichoke
Paper: Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Confetti Cream
other: moss grograin ribbon, brass square spiral clip, markers: Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip, post-its for masking
btw - this was challenge card #2 for my stamp club. The challenge was to do a card with shapes, so I "cheated" ever so slightly and just had the one "shape" stamp... :)
1 comment:
I love this card! It's truly an outstanding design and so serene for a difficult occasion. Beautiful!
Post a Comment