Sunday, July 8, 2007

Dora's stamp club project

So this would be the second project card that we made at last month's stamp club, designed and supplies provided by Dora. I messed mine up a little, so actually ended up finishing it up at home. Not all that unusual for me! Not the messing up part, but the finishing at home. Sometimes I just can't get the stamping mojo going, even at stamp club, and take my "parts" home to put together later. Probably has something to do with being mentally wiped out from work, since we meet on a Friday night. LOL!

I know you can't tell from the pic, but the white c/s is actually the shimmery white and oh so pretty IRL. It was run through the Cuttlebug using the Script embossing folder. We gently sponged ink over the script to give it a little dimension. I so loved the corner embellishment on this card (and a card that another club member, Pat, had done recently) that I had to go out and buy it right away. It was the first thing that I bought at the end (ok - about 5 hours before the actual "end"!) of the 6-week moratorium on "gathering" that my sister, Jonna, and I had set for ourselves. LOL! It was done with a diecut from the Cuttlebug Vintage set. The little piece at the bottom right is also from that same die - from one of the pieces that is left over after the cut.

Stamps: Petal Prints

Inks: Cranberry Crisp

Paper: Cranberry Crisp, Creamy Caramel, Shimmery White, Recollections d/p

other: Cuttlebug with Script embossing folder and Vintage diecut set, Cranberry Crisp ribbon, Ticket Corner punch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Look how gorgeous this set looks with the paper! I just love all these matching inks and papers. This piece is so perfect with Cranberry Crisp. Love that die cut, too. What a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Oh! MY! Goodness! You are blogging! I feel like I haven't seen you around in LIKE FOREVER! So good to see your awesome cards and hear how things are going!