Sunday, July 29, 2007

July stamp club challenge - tall card

This is the second challenge card I made for this month's stamp club. I told you the other day that the square card was a toughie for me and I now freely admit that this one boggled me, too! I knew what I wanted to do for the main image, the colors and paper I wanted to use, but for the life of me I just couldn't figure out what do to with all that space! It appears I am quite challenged by anything but the standard-sized card. LOL! Anyway, finally managed to put a card together that I was reasonably happy with. :)

You will need to click on the image of the card to bring up a larger view in order to see that the Basic Gray c/s (a new color that I am totally in love with!) is some of the new textured paper. LOVE IT! Oh how I wish it came in all 48 of those wonderful colors (and In Colors, too) and also in 8-1/2 x 11 sized c/s. Hopefully it will be so popular, SU will decide to add more to what is offered now. Keep your fingers crossed. I also used some of the new taffeta ribbon (also in the Basic Gray) and it has a really nice silky feel to it (not satiny - there's a difference!). Try some, I think you'll like it.

Stamps: Both Way Blossoms, Wonderful Words
Inks: Real Red, Basic Gray, Always Artichoke, Basic Black
Papers: Real Red, Basic Gray textured, Very Vanilla, Cerise d/p
other: Cuttlebug w/ Vintage die, Ticket Corner punch, aquapainter, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, red satin-edged organdy ribbon, mini self-stick rhinestones

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These long stemmed roses are perfect for your tall card. I've never made one, myself, because I don't have an envelope other than those security kind--not so pretty. It looks like a challenge! I sure do love the new Basic Gray and all the textured cardstock. Your card is just gorgeous!