Saturday, January 5, 2008

not my favorite...

In fact, I really don't like this card very much at all! But, due to my chronic procrastination (LOL!), I was out of time and had to go with it. This was the second challenge card for my last stamp club meeting - Pastel Embossing. I either did something wrong (can't figure out what) or this technique was just not my cup of tea. I couldn't get the pastels to adhere to the embossed image (again, gratefully referring you to SCS's excellent step-by-step tutorial here) and believe me, I tried more than once! Oh well. Plus, if I'd had an idea of what I'd be doing with the flower piece, I would have used different colors on the flower. Live and learn! :)

I colored in some of the d/p with the celery marker and although you can't see them well from the pic, there are three greenish-crystals along the wheeled piece on the side and the flower piece is popped-up.

Stamps: True Friend, Boho Friend wheel
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark (for embossing)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Au Chocolate d/p
other: white embossing powder, pastels (chalks), blender pen, brown dotted organdy ribbon, crystal 'bling', coordinating jumbo brad, ticket corner punch, Certainly Celery marker, dimensionals





On the other hand, my fellow stamp clubber, Pat, loved this technique (sometimes we don't like her very much... just kidding!!) and she made an absolutely GORGEOUS card with it which I'm gonna show you here even though it makes my card look even more pitiful (sniff, sniff...). :)

2 comments:

Pat's little corner of the world said...

Dana, your card was great--I have know idea why you did not like this challenge. LOL
WOW, thank you for showing my card on your blog, HOWEVER I did not know you felt that way about me. LOL

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh this morning about comparing the two cards. However...I think your card is very nice! Love the colors and especially the way you did the flower. I didn't get the Boho wheel but now I wish I had. I've never thought to use this paper with the Boho look, but I like it! Pat's card is very nice, too, of course. BTW, this technique didn't work very well for me, either, when I tried it. Maybe I didn't read the instructions thoroughly enough. I like it, though, and might give it another go sometime.