Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Grandma's Birthday!

This card I made for my grandmother's 96th birthday!! Yowza!!! Yep - we live a looonnngggg time in my family! LOL! I finally got a chance to play with my Pick A Petal set (in fact, I think I put it together just to make this card). I used some of my Palette of Prints paper so you'da thought that would make it quick and easy to do. But noooooo!! This was a two-day job. Couldn't get it to come together for me, so went to bed and managed to finish the next day just in time to go to Grandma's birthday lunch! Hence, the not so great pic since I was already late heading out the door and wanted to get a quick shot before I left. :)

First I stamped the petals on Amethyst d/p (two different patterns) and cut them out. Then I layered them on white and cut them out again leaving a small border. Same idea for the center of the flower. For the larger b/g piece of Saffron d/p, I stamped the petal randomly in flower shapes to give it some added dimension. The smaller flowers were punched out and a couple of them popped up. It really does look better IRL - sorry for the crummy pic! LOL!


Stamps: Pick A Petal
Ink: Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, Basic Black
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Whisper White, Almost Amethyst d/p, So Saffron d/p
other: Spring Flower Bouquet punch, white self-adhesive faux brads, Apricot grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this fun and cheerful card! One of my favorites with this set so far. I love the way you stamped the background, too. Happy birthday to your 96 yr old grandma! She's going to love this card!

Anonymous said...

I like the petals stamped on the patterned paper! Happy birthday to your grandma! :) I bet she loved her pretty card!