There is a funny story that goes along with this card, but you will have to wait until my next post to hear the whole of it. Just as a teaser, I will say that as far as my sister and I go - great minds think alike! Later... the rest of the story...
I made this card for my dad for Father's Day. I had used many of my masculine sets over the years for various cards for him, so I was trying make the card with something I hadn't used for him before. I was inspired by a card I saw on SplitcoastStampers (see that card here: ambouth). I changed a few things, but the color scheme and the basic layout are all her idea. My philosophy - why re-invent the wheel when you really like the wheel to start with?! The shape stamp behind the leaf image was done by stamping once, twice, then the third time without re-inking. Makes it look like three different colors but it is all Old Olive. The leaf was stamped using Chocolate Chip craft ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. The main image is, of course, popped up on dimensionals. :)

Stamps: All the Best, Cheesecloth b/g
Inks: Old Olive (classic), Chocolate Chip (craft)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
other: clear e/p, coordinating grosgrain ribbon, HH aged copper buckle, Cuttlebug and Tiny Mosaic embossing folder


No comments:
Post a Comment